DataNucleus Access Platform 1.0 FINAL Released
September 1st 2008- DataNucleus Access Platform 1.0 ("Faraday") FINAL is released.
DataNucleus Access Platform provides persistence and retrieval of Java objects to/from
a wide range of datastores including RDBMS, db4o, LDAP, XML, Excel, NeoDatis ODB, and JSON.
It supports use of the JDO and JPA APIs, allowing specification of persistence using
XML or annotations, or a mix of both, as well as the ability to specify persistence using
JDO XML/annotations and use the JPA API, or vice versa.
Version 1.0 FINAL includes the following changes to the previous Milestone 4
- Migration to JDO 2.2 standardised dynamic Fetch Groups from DataNucleus custom groups
- Support for chained method operations with in-memory query evaluation
- Support for generic compilation of query subqueries
- Bug fix so JPA persistence.jar doesnt need to be in CLASSPATH when not using JPA
- Support RDBMS dynamic schema upgrades when new implementations of an interface
- Bug fix for loading of implementations of interfaces and subsequent handling
- Add support for datastore identity with Excel datastores
- Bug fix to Excel datastores for persistence of null field values, and for retrieval
of Float, Double, Integer, Long, BigDecimal, BigInteger
- Add support for cascade delete with NeoDatis datastores
- Add support for specified indexes with NeoDatis datastores
- Bug fix for cascade delete with db4o datastores
This release is downloadable under an Apache 2 license from the
DataNucleus community site.